Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Note of Hopefulness

In Iraq, a little boy plays the violin in a music hall that has been destroyed by war and neglect. I chose this photo because the picture inspired me and made me feel like there is hope in everything. Even in a place that doesn't have much hope, a boy can still make beautiful music with his violin.



By the look of the boy, he looks pretty well kept for a place like Iraq. He has shoes and clothes and his family is wealthy, so I figure that he is one of the luckier children. Even though he might be a luckier child, he still looks a little roughed up.



This little boy is like my hero. If I lived in a place like he did where there was war a lot then I probably wouldn't want to play my violin. I would just want to cry and give up on everything, but this little boy has hope. If you were this little boy, what would be going through your head? If I was him I would be wondering about why I should keep on playing. When I think about the question more, I would keep playing to show people that in a time of war, there is still beautiful things to do.



Music has always spoken to me and is a very powerful thing. When I am sad I can listen to music and it puts a smile on my face and just makes me feel wonderful inside. It is amazing how music can change a persons view and emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment