Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book review of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Ashar

Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why caught my eye with his deep story and amazing detail. This book was very deep because the story explained the dark truth about suicide. In the book, a girl named Hannah records her life story about why she committed suicide. After she has committed suicide, she sends these tapes to thirteen people. All of the people on the tapes were part of the reason Hannah killed herself. In the book, the tapes go to a boy named Clay. He did not know her very well, but he had a crush on her. He has to listen to the tapes and figure out why his name is on them. The tapes change his life forever.
The author's style was very unique. Clay would talk for a little while, then he would play the tapes, then Hannah would start talking. When it was Hannah's turn to talk, the author italicized what she was saying. That made the story easier to follow along.
Every time I read the book, I felt like I was there. For example, I could close my eyes and see the characters and what they were doing. All of the actions were very detailed. He talked about Hannah and Clay being at a party, and I felt like I was there with them.
This is a very exciting book and if you are looking for a thrilling and suspenseful book, then this is the book for you. The story will keep you on edge and turning the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment