Monday, October 5, 2009

Book review of The Time Machine by H.G. Well's

H.G. Well's The Time Machine filled my head with thoughts about time traveling and the scary future he created.

This book was very different from other books I have read. The author wrote with very long sentences and used many words I did not know. At the bottom of the pages, there were definitions and explanations of the meanings of phrases and words. That helped me follow along better.

The Time Traveler was a character the author wrote a lot about. He was an older man and seemed very ambitious with his work. He always wanted to show his fellow comrades The Time Machine. When he went back and time, The Time Machine was stolen and hidden and he did everything he could to get it back because that was his only way out of this new world he was in.

When H.G. Well’s described the future, his description was very different. I would have thought the future would be high-tech and advanced, but that was not true. In the book, the future had creatures that did not speak English. The two races were they Eloi and the Morlocks. They were very strange creatures and the Morlocks would try and eat the Eloi species.

When Well’s described the future, he used specific detail. I could picture myself there. When The Time Traveler was trying to get The Time Machine back, I could see him in my head hitting the bronze sphinx.

If you are a person who likes the futuristic and scientific books, then you will enjoy The Time Machine. You will feel like you are actually going to the future with The Time Traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment