Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My name

My English teacher asked my class to find out what our name meant. The results I found where very interesting to me. My name Natalie is very pretty to me, but I have always wondered what my name meant and why I was named Natalie.

The name Natalie means born on Christmas Day or the name means the gift of God. That makes me feel special because I am a gift of God. Even though I was not born on Christmas Day, the name is still special to me. I did not know what my name meant until I looked up what Natalie meant and I was very surprised. I feel special now and I want to live out what my name means.

The origin is French and Natalie comes from the Latin name Natalia. When I found that out I found that funny because some of my friends call me Natalia just to mess around with me. I am neither French nor Latin so I do not know why the name Natalie came up, but I am glad the name did.

My mom picked my name out. Not with my dad’s help, but all her idea. My dad only said the name was pretty. My name is not in the family. My mom told me that she thought the name Natalie was a very pretty name and it was her favorite, so if she had of girl of course she wanted to name her Natalie.

My name has a special meaning to me and I am glad my mom and dad decided to name me Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment