Thursday, December 17, 2009

That Summer book review

Sarah Dessen’s That Summer caught my eye and made me think about the real hardships that teenage girls like me go through.

This book is the kind of style I like simple and easy to follow along. The style is like most books I have read. Usually the style is easy to paint a picture of the setting in your head. You can see the buildings and the emotions on the character’s face. I enjoy reading books like that.

For fifteen year old Haven, this summer is going crazy. Her father and mother got divorced and now her father his getting married to the local weather lady, Lorna Queen. Her sister Ashley is getting married to Lewis Warsher, who does not seem to suit her at all. On top of everything, she is almost six feet tall and still growing. Ashley had an old boyfriend Sumner, who made Ashley care free and Haven missed that. Luckily he shows up and makes Haven summer exciting. There is something about Sumner that Haven does not know. Is it good or bad? Read the rest of That Summer to find out.

I recommend this book for teenage girls. This book is exciting and keeps you wondering about what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment