Thursday, December 17, 2009

Palace of Mirrors book review

Margaret Peterson Haddix’s Palace of Mirrors caught my eye with its medieval theme and mystery story.

What I learned form this book is things are not always what they seem and do not believe what everyone tells you. Even your closest friend might be lying just to save themselves.

Haddix did a good job at details. I was able to imagine everything that was happening. Right down to the clothes they were wearing and their facial expressions. When Cecilia and Harper went into the Palace of Mirrors, I could imagine just what it looked liked. I enjoy reading books that you can visualize the story in your head.

Cecilia is just another peasant girl. Or is she? No she is not. Cecilia is the true princess, but she is hiding because there are evil forces that want to kill her. They have killed her parents so it is not safe for her to be on the throne. There is a decoy and her name is Desmia, but she thinks she is the real princess. While Cecilia is in hiding, she is studying all of the palace rules and how to be royalty. As she gets older, she knows that it is time to take back her crown. Cecilia and her best friend Harper go to the capital city and to the famous Palace of Mirrors to reclaim her throne. Along the way they face many struggles that may even endanger their lives.

I enjoyed this book because Palace of Mirrors kept my attention and I always wanted to keep readying. This book is good for teenage girls that love a good mystery and suspenseful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment