Sunday, January 17, 2010

Take a stand!

Lots of people are always saying to stand up for what you believe in. I have rarely seen someone take a stand, but the few times I have have made me respect the person taking a stand.


One day at my school, there were a group of kids standing around this one younger and smaller boy. They were taunting him and calling him names. They were just being bullies. One of the boys in the group was not really saying much. He was standing there with a hurt look on his face and a little anger in his eyes. I was wondering why he might be angry. I stood there a little longer and watched the group of boys taunt the little boy some more, and then the boy with the hurt look on his face yelled stop. He told the boys that this was not the right thing to do and how would they feel if someone was messing with them.


That little boy that stood up to the group inspired me. He made me feel that no matter how big or small you are you can stand up for what you know is right. You hear that saying a lot, but when I saw the little boy yell stop, that really made think. The little boy showed no fear, and I try to do the same throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment