Sunday, January 17, 2010

When I took a stand......

Many people are sometimes afraid to say what the are really thinking. Sometimes that is not always a good thing because by you just saying what your thinking or what is really true could change someones life.


Sometimes not saying anything at all and just doing the right things can be seen as taking a stand.


During the summer I went to a church camp that I go to every year. I have tons of friends there, but some of them are not very smart and like to do idiotic things that I do not approve of. Since this is a church camp, I try to keep my actions on the right track. Well one of the girls there said that she looked up to me because I never gave into doing the stupid activities the other kids did, like making fun of other people there or not listening to the adults. Even though I did not realize I was taking a stand, someone was still touched by my actions. The girl said that I inspired her to follow God, which made me feel great.


Just by doing something simple like doing the Godly thing can be seen as taking a stand. That girl has become one of my bestfriends and I am glad I did not give into peer preasure and was able to be a role model in someones life.

1 comment:

  1. By taking the stand that you took by not falling under peer pressure, you probably became the role model to more than that one person. You probably also gained the respect from other peers. You gained mine.

    ReplyDelete